Wednesday 11 June 2008

Abraham 'not bitter' about Eurovision

Andy Abraham has insisted that he has no hard feelings about finishing joint last in the Eurovision Song Contest.

The X Factor runner-up scored 14 points for his song 'Even If' in Saturday's competition.

He told the Press Association that he was pleased with his performance, saying: "When I came off stage, all the backroom staff were clapping and they loved it. It was great.

"[Even when the results came in], I felt exactly the same. I said: 'The song is a great song anyway, we had a great time.'"

Talking about news that Sir Terry Wogan may step down from his role as host of the UK's coverage, Abraham said: "He was upset about the outcome just from a voting perspective and believed that our performance was one of the best ones in years.

"That's a great compliment from him. He's obviously been through so much of the voting situation and he's got tired of it."

He added: "After watching the contest for as long as I can remember, I'm saddened that it is no longer a song contest. I'm not bitter, but I am sad that an institution may be coming to an end."

> Cowell, Forsyth add to Eurovision gloom



See Also